Wednesday 9 November 2011

carpark redesign

CARPARK DESIGN (revisited)

One comment during the critique was directed at the design of the car park. I did not want to put the car park into my design but I felt it necessary being a government building. The design of the car park was not supposed to be ‘architectural’. I wanted people’s attention to be focused towards the building and the light tower.
BEFORE

Nether the less, revisiting the car park, I agree that it is an eye sore. To rectify this, I simply cut the car park into the landscape, similar to the building itself. In doing this, I can hide the majority of the parks.

One suggestion during the critique was to put the car park in empty spots left by excavation next to the building. Due to the sheer complexity of the building footprint, this proved to be not practical. Driving down 8 metres or more to access a small car park just does not seem 100% practical I think.
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment