Thursday 15 September 2011

The Site

PROPOSED SITE V1.0


Black Mountain stands 256m above Canberra.
It is located within a National Park, next to the Australian National University.

I chose this site for a few main reasons. The main one of these being the fact that I thought Canberra was missing a link. Parliament House is a central location with a SPIDER WEB of streets and axis' running off. To the North-West direction, there is no clear visible link. I want to create an invisible link!

Black Mountain is located within lush bushland. This I believe, represents a more pure site, compared to other city ones. If this space is going to be for 'the people' then it needs to represent peoples informed choices, mainly on topic towards SUSTAINABILITY and ADAPTABILITY.

Currently, my site is very broad. I will be looking to tighten this up in the coming week(s) and narrow it down to a smaller area.

No comments:

Post a Comment